FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maintaining File Structure

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Romeo Rubio
Maintaining File Structure
on Sep 22, 2011 at 5:45:30 am

I bought a Newertech Voyager hd dock to archive finished projects to bare SATA drives. I've been doing tests with FCP's media manager and it really does a good job with data migration. I do have one question about the archive process though.

People give me footage, I transcode to prores, and place it in the external. In finder, I either keep the organization in the manner it was given to me (ex a folder with day 1 footage, a folder with day 2 footage) or organize in any other way I see fit. Is there any way I can maintain the file structures (in finder) when I move the files using media manager? From my tests, I know that bins are maintained in the FCP browser but in finder all media just gets put into one folder. I guess I could always just copy everything to the other drives, open up projects, and reconnect media. Feels like that would be a little haphazard though...

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
Re: Maintaining File Structure
on Sep 22, 2011 at 11:43:59 am

You mean that you would have a folder with a thousand clip 01 transcodes?
I would not do it, what if you need to give a project to some one else? You would need to search for 40 clips and copy one by one, the same if you wannted to erase a project.

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
Re: Maintaining File Structure
on Sep 22, 2011 at 11:47:15 am

Also as you will have more and more files it is going to take longer to reconect.
Keep everthing as organized as posible. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]