FORUMS: list search recent posts

final cut pro sequence playsback small view

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Kress
final cut pro sequence playsback small view
on Sep 21, 2011 at 11:48:59 pm

In most of my sequences in this project (a movie) I playback and get full screen playback on the second monitor (view, external video, all frames, view, video playback, digital cinema desktop preview full screen) On one seq - which unfortuneately is the one I have used as my master assembly - I get a 3/4 size pic nestled in the center of the second monitor.

I have copied clips from this seq to another that plays full screen, adn they play small till I do a (modify, conform to sequence).

I have copied from others that play full to the main assembly seq, and they play in the small, compressed screen.

I have compared settings between the sequences and have not discovered the difference between them.

SO: How do I get the seq to play full screen with the master assembly without copying it all over to another seq and doing a conform to seq every 5 clips or so for the whole movie, which is going to take a week or more.

HELP!

Return to posts index

Everest Mokaeff
Re: final cut pro sequence playsback small view
on Sep 22, 2011 at 8:48:40 am

Make sure sequence settings match those of video clip. It seems that your master sequence has HD settings while the nested ones have SD settings. Nested sequences are not prompted to be conformed to the one you're adding them to.

Sony PMW-EX3, Canon Mark II 5D, FCS3 in Moscow
http://www.mokaeff.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Kress
Re: final cut pro sequence playsback small view
on Sep 22, 2011 at 1:45:03 pm

all settings are the same, except that the small playback does not have the anamorphic 16:9 box checked. When I check it, I do not get full screen, but a letterbox that is stretched with black above and below.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]