FORUMS: list search recent posts

No audio over Firewire????

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Gladstone
No audio over Firewire????
on Sep 16, 2011 at 5:27:41 am

Hi, I just had a weird problem. I was trying to lay off to DV tape, which I have done before. At first there was audio going through the firewire cable to the deck, but the picture was frozen. I could hear the audio when I played back the tape, but image frozen. Finally I realized that the timeline was HD, and that wasn't going to play through firewire. So I rendered out the file to DV and now when I play it back and it goes to the deck/camera I can see the image is no longer frozen, but now there is no audio. I've refreshed external devices, checked Playback all frames, checked audio follows video (also audio out through DV) and still there is no audio out through the firewire port (either 9 pin or 6 pin - using a 6 pin or 9 pin to 4 pin cable.) Audio plays fine from the computer when I select Default or built in audio. Now no audio is coming out of the firewire port, and I checked other media as well. I've tried trashing the preferences, but no change. While the audio setting is set to Firewire output (or follow video and video is playing through firewire) I can see the audio meters within FCP working. I am just stumped. Changed cab les, changed record devices, and nothing is working. Any thoughts thanks.

Steven Gladstone
http://www.gladstonefilms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]