FORUMS: list search recent posts

Western Digital passport failure

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Niamh Kennedy
Western Digital passport failure
on Sep 11, 2011 at 9:39:14 am

Hello there,

I have been editing EX3 footage on Final Cut Studio. The edit is saved to an Iomega UltraMax HD but I have been taking the footage from a Western Digital Passport. The Passport drive has just failed - I can't see the files and it won't eject (Final Cut crashed then I saw the problems with the drive). I have the footage backed up to my Iomega. As I have the edit saved to that drive, would it work to reconnect the media from the Iomega? Also, if I force quit my Passport drive will that risk corrupting everything that's on the drive?

Thanks to anyone that can advise!!

Return to posts index

Jeff Meyer
Re: Western Digital passport failure
on Sep 12, 2011 at 3:34:05 am

If it's the same files simply make a backup copy of your media (since you're using your backup now), reconnect to the media on the good drive and edit.

If you have trouble getting your FCP project off of the bad drive you might check where your autosave vault is - I always keep my vault on a drive separate from the project drive.

After a drive failure I doubt that I really need to remind you, but now is the time to make another backup.

Return to posts index

Niamh Kennedy
Re: Western Digital passport failure
on Sep 12, 2011 at 6:19:26 am

Thanks for the advice - I have it fixed now, and am making another backup. Appreciate the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]