FORUMS: list search recent posts

3d turn w exaggerated perspective?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
3d turn w exaggerated perspective?
on Sep 9, 2011 at 1:23:21 pm

I'd like to do a 3d turn (possibly revealing something on the flip side) with more more exaggerated perspective than seems to be available in Basic 3d or other standard FCP filters & transitions that I see.

In the After Effects world one would vary camera lens parameters to force this exaggerated perspective where the receding end of the "postcard" really tapers.

Can anyone suggest a solution or reasonably priced filter alternative?

Thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: 3d turn w exaggerated perspective?
on Sep 9, 2011 at 2:45:14 pm

Apple Motion lets you change the properties of the virtual camera to get any kind of lens distortion you want. Most people just leave the default alone and don't think about it. But you have an infinite number of free virtual primes to work from in there if you know what you are doing.

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
on Sep 9, 2011 at 4:03:48 pm

Thanks Mark, I'm more of an AE guy for the hi-end efx and was hoping to do this in FCP proper.

-P

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 9, 2011 at 7:48:28 pm

Round-tripping from FCP to Motion and back is almost as good as it is in the premiere/AE workflow. Your eally shouldn't be scared of it. All motion is, is a smaller timeline and a way bigger window for setting keyframes. And it does most of the hard work for you. if you understand a timeline and keyframing in FCP, you already understand Motion. Especially for a simple flip type deal like you need. You could probably do 99 percent of the whole thing using just your mouse. If *I* can do it, I'm certain anybody could.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]