FORUMS: list search recent posts

replacing a deleted audio track that (magically!) matches up with the clips I editing from original file (which is fine...)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthony schrag
replacing a deleted audio track that (magically!) matches up with the clips I editing from original file (which is fine...)
on Sep 6, 2011 at 8:03:23 pm

Hi guys,

Firstly: I'm a first time poster - but thanks for all the help you've given me over the years! I've trawled through the forums but maybe I missed this one, so hoping you can help me out.

I'm having audio issues - not sure how to describe it other than explaining what I did:

I imported clip fine, its all fantastic in its original form and I still have that file that I can put on a timeline and that source file plays/sounds great.

In the editing process it got cut up into various sections, I've put them in different bins, chopped and changed and labeled all the clips differently, and somewhere along the line, I seem to have deleted one of the stereo pair somehow from that original file... and I've only just noticed! and it sounds aweful and really quiet without its friend...

is there anyway I can re-link or change the source file to have a new audio track without having to go back and edit all the different clips - ie, a magic way that the re-linked soundfile will automatically transfer over to all these itty-bitty clips that scatter my timeline?!

work your magic, folks....

thank you
Anthony

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: replacing a deleted audio track that (magically!) matches up with the clips I editing from original file (which is fine...)
on Sep 6, 2011 at 11:17:26 pm

So you hove the video on the time-line, but not the related audio underneath?
Put the play-head in the first frame of the clip in the time-line and click "F" (match frame).
Overwrite the clip in the time line with the one in the Viewer.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

anthony schrag
Re: replacing a deleted audio track that (magically!) matches up with the clips I editing from original file (which is fine...)
on Sep 7, 2011 at 7:19:14 am

Hi Rafel

thank for responding - No, I have audio, I am just missing one of the audio tracks (ie, its become mono and very quiet)

the issue is that I have many smaller clips that I took from the original imported source file (as I said, I still have that and that plays/sounds fine) ... it is many/most of the smaller clips that I chopped up FROM that larger/original import that are affected...

I think what I did was opened a new sequence and accidentally unchecked the "a2" audio channel then dropped the larger original file into that sequence and did all my editing, without noticing ('cause I am an idiot) that I didn't have both tracks.... so, now I figured out that I did that, I've turned the "a2" track back on.... but how do i get get the other track back which matches up to all the editing I've done??!?! is that possible?! or do i have to go back to the beginning?!?!

here's a screengrab that might help explain what I mean

hope you guys can help - thanks again!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 8, 2011 at 7:51:41 am

Still the same.
Make a "Match Frame", and Overwrite the audio.
rafael

Return to posts index

anthony schrag
on Sep 10, 2011 at 7:05:05 am

Hi Rafael
Thanks for your help in this, but I must be doing something wrong... because the track in the viewer also has only the one audio track... infact, most of the clips in the bin relating to this file (and so also on the timeline) all have the mono audio track related to it (but not all of them)... it seems to be only the original, unedited file that I saved in another bin that has both tracks...

so do I open the original file in the viewer and overwrite the one on the timeline... if I so, where do i put the tapehead?! you say put it at the first frame of the clip in the timeline, but which clip? All of them? does it matter? I have many clips from the same file, in various places on the timeline, do I have to do it to each one? Or can just fine one point that matches the sound in the timeline and over-write from there?

sorry if I am being obtuse, but I hope you can help! thank you!

anthony

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 10, 2011 at 6:11:23 pm

[anthony schrag] "you say put it at the first frame of the clip in the timeline, but which clip? All of them? does it matter? I have many clips from the same file, in various places on the timeline, do I have to do it to each one? Or can just fine one point that matches the sound in the timeline and over-write from there? "
You have to do that for each clip in the time-line.
Just jump from clip to clip with the left harrow. The play head go to the first frame.

Return to posts index

anthony schrag
on Sep 10, 2011 at 7:11:05 am

oh and also, where is the "overwrite" audio command?! sorry!
thank you!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 10, 2011 at 6:14:27 pm

[anthony schrag] "oh and also, where is the "overwrite" audio command?! sorry!
thank you!"

There isn't.
Deselect the video track and the overwrite will be only audio.
Rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]