FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export Problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyron Seeto
Export Problems
on Sep 3, 2011 at 12:22:30 pm

Hey guys,

I've had some problems exporting a stop motion project of mine, where it loses quality when i export the whole thing (which is a few thousand - maybe 3000 photo's?) and is clearly pixelated, but if i import say.. a few hundred photos and export that sequence it remains sharp and clear.

I'm running final cut express (I know this is the fcp forum but the fcx forum didn't look like it was for problems like mine?) on a macbook pro. All my files are .psd files (which i know probably isnt the best format to use in final cut but they still turn out well (when i export sections out).

My project is set up in Pal 720x576 and i export it every time as an animation at best quality in millions of colours and in a pal 4:3 size. All the files have been taken on an slr and then batch converted in photoshop to psd files and edited.

I'm not sure why when i export a section of my project it turns out perfect, but when i add the other sections into the sequence the quality drops significantly (just as a side note, for some reason one section of it turns out well in my final project, however the rest are pixelated). Do you guys have any ideas on what might be happening?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Export Problems
on Sep 3, 2011 at 10:31:29 pm

You fail to mention what your sequence settings are?
What is your delivery?

You could set your sequence to 10 bit Uncompressed.
Re-render - Full, ALL.

Export using "Current Settings"

Then compress that master for delivery.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Tyon Michaels
Re: Export Problems
on Sep 4, 2011 at 5:11:50 am

Hey there, Thanks a lot for the reply

I figured out what the problem was when i was looking up my sequence settings for you - it was something really basic (of course). I had my sequence put in another sequence so i could shrink it down and title safe it (I think this is called nesting?) and that sequence had it's render resolution set at 50%.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]