FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering problems - have to re-render every time I continue work on a project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Atkinson
Rendering problems - have to re-render every time I continue work on a project
on Sep 3, 2011 at 11:37:17 am

Hi

Am fairly new to FCP and am hoping I can get some help with an FCP problem that's proving very time consuming.

I am editing a three camera shoot on FCP 5.0.4

One of the three DV cams was set in the wrong mode for my purposes and so recorded in HDV.

I injested all three tapes - though once on the timeline of the project sequence, the one filmed in HDV mode had to be rendered so that it was in the correct format for my needs (DV Pal 48khz Anamorphic). It took about 5 hours to render the 20 mins of material.

I saved this project including all render files, capture and scratch discs to an external hard drive.

The editing is an on-going project which I am coming back to between other work. Now, when i come back to it, the tapes 1 & 2 work fine but tape 3, the one which was recorded in the wrong mode, needs re-rendering (i.e. there is a red line above the timeline when this layer is selected and it can't be viewed in the canvas pane)

With deadline looming, I can't really afford five hours down time each time I resume the edit and wondered what, if anything, I can do to get around this. I had assumed that the render scratch discs would have taken care of this problem. Is there something I need to do to make them 'kick in'?

Any help gratefully received - let me know if I need to provide more details.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Rendering problems - have to re-render every time I continue work on a project
on Sep 3, 2011 at 5:21:50 pm

The HDV footage do not match thesequence setting.
Convert the HDV stuff to DV first.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]