FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flickering (interlacing?) on video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Davis
Flickering (interlacing?) on video
on Aug 25, 2011 at 9:56:50 pm

I'm sorry for my utter ignorance, but I'm having an issue where my video is flickering constantly. I guessed it to be an interlacing issue, but added FCP's de-interlace filter on it, and it didn't help. Anyone have a guess, or could point me a guide or something?

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Flickering (interlacing?) on video
on Aug 26, 2011 at 7:41:20 pm

Finding the cause of flickering video can be tricky. It's not unheard of for interlacing to be involved (making it worse than it would be on a progressive scan), but it's not usually the cause. More likely are things like filming under fluorescent lights or filming off a computer screen - juggling the shutter speed at the time can usually minimise it, but it's tricky to fix if it's recorded with flicker.

More technical details and a link to a clip of the problem material might generate more of a response here, without it you're not going to get much more than guesses.

Return to posts index

Andrew Clancy
Re: Flickering (interlacing?) on video
on Nov 29, 2011 at 9:16:23 pm

If by flickering you mean the lights or lighting appear to be flickering then that does sound like the issue I get when shooting on the wrong shutter speed for the situation on a HDSLR. I don't know a cure I'm afraid, just the prevention.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]