FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Hitch

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff McKay
Final Cut Hitch
on Aug 20, 2011 at 5:04:43 am

Hello Everyone,

I am having some difficulty with Final Cut. I find that when I add a frame hold, or slow a clip down, there is always a vertical jump to my preview just as the "altered" clip ends. It only happens when I preview the sequence, and if I go frame by frame, I don't suffer the problem. Also, when I output the movie to compressor, it doesn't show any ill effects. Only when I am actually watching the project in the canvas.

Also, if I link several "doctored" clips together, only the final one shows the symptom. Any suggestions?

Geoff

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: Final Cut Hitch
on Aug 20, 2011 at 8:54:46 pm

You only are viewing one field in the FCP canvas and viewer windows. The jump is probably the missing field.

David

Return to posts index

Geoff McKay
on Aug 20, 2011 at 10:58:55 pm

Makes sense. How do I rectify this then? It's really not possible to edit properly if I can't preview what my product looks like.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Aug 21, 2011 at 5:54:06 pm

Just wondering, does the jump always happen where you're going between an unrendered effect and an unmodified shot? If so, it might make a difference if you render the modified shot. Even if it doesn't "need" to be rendered for playback, there might be something going on that glitches on real time playback (which wouldn't be there when you output, because going to Compressor would render it all anyway).

Return to posts index

Geoff McKay
on Aug 21, 2011 at 6:45:43 pm

Andrew,
Yeah, it's funny. It glitches, even after it's been rendered. There is a slight hesitation as the playhead rolls over the cut between the slow mo, or freeze frame clip, and the unmodified clip.
For example, I got some underwater footage of a spawning salmon rolling it's eye backward and making eye contact with the camera. I want to run the clip at full speed until just before this happens, then slow the clip down and finally frame hold on the salmon looking at the camera. My intention is to hold for a second or two, then ramp back up to full speed. Everything seems to work okay until the playhead reaches the full speed clip. It pauses for a fraction of a second, just as the hitch I am talking about happens. I am wondering if it is a RAM problem. I am working with 4 gigs of ram, maybe it's not enough.

Geoff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]