FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to include extra sound when transfering to a sound program/ how to easy put on extra sound tracks on timeline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Silje Rekk
How to include extra sound when transfering to a sound program/ how to easy put on extra sound tracks on timeline?
on Aug 19, 2011 at 6:24:07 pm

Explain:
I'm an editor assistant who has been syncing sound and picture together for a feature film. This is the first time I did it in FC, I'm used to Avid.
This time I synced it together by putting both sound and picture down on the timeline, and then make a subclip. What I did wrong here (the first week) was to NOT make enough sound tracks on the timeline. That means that only four sound tracks were synced to the picture. I discovered my mistake after a week, but the editor had already started to edit the film. I (think I) know how to manually fix the problem (by using match frame and manually put the extra sound tracks at the bottom).
So my question is: can this problem be fixed in an easy(er) way? Are there for example a way to include all sound tracks (from raw files) when I transfer to sound (after the editor is finished with his work). If not, is there a better way to manually fix the problem, than to use match frame? Is there a faster way?
Hope you understand my problem, and I hope someone knows how to fix it!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How to include extra sound when transfering to a sound program/ how to easy put on extra sound tracks on timeline?
on Aug 19, 2011 at 10:16:05 pm

Well, I wish I knew the answer to this, but I need to say that you did things wrong from the start. You should have used the MERGE CLIP command...that is similar to Avid's GROUP CLIP. That is how you should be making new clips matching picture with production audio.

Might try this software...says it works even AFTER full cutting is complete:

http://assistedediting.intelligentassistance.com/Sync-N-Link/

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Silje Rekk
Re: How to include extra sound when transfering to a sound program/ how to easy put on extra sound tracks on timeline?
on Aug 20, 2011 at 11:14:20 am

Yes, I absolutley did things wrong from the start. I'll look into that software. Is it the case that when you transfer the complete film to a sound program, you can only transfer what is on the timeline?

Anyway, thanks for answering!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]