FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export Aspect Ratio woes...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jo Smithson
Export Aspect Ratio woes...
on Aug 19, 2011 at 9:49:35 am

Hi! I'm new to all this so please forgive me if I'm asking a dumb question... I'm doing a project in Final Cut 6 which consists entirely of screen capture (bit out of my comfort zone)

I need to deliver Pro Res 422 HQ 720x576 anamorphic 25p in Mov wrapper and am using iShowU to capture (set to Final Cut Pro Res 720x576 PAL). I have been using Sequence presence of Pro Res 422 HQ PAL but modified it to no field dominance and ticked anamorphic. Using same for export. Have put the capture setting to HDV-Apple Pro Res 422 HQ as my screen capture software (iShowU) has setting of Final Cut - Pro Res 720x576 Pal.

The file I end up with appears to have the right attributes but is 4:3 anamorphic. Is there any way I can export it so it plays widescreen? (I tried exporting with frame size 1024x576 which displayed correctly but image quality was v poor)

I've only ever used fcp for Pal DV projects, exporting to mpeg - I'm not really sure what I'm doing on this one! Any advice/help would be appreciated - thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved