FORUMS: list search recent posts

confirmation of 7D importing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Buckser
confirmation of 7D importing
on Aug 13, 2011 at 10:32:44 am

G'day,

I purchased a Canon 7D yesterday and would like to import a three-minute clip into FCP 7. Having done a bit of forum searches here, can I please confirm my understanding of what needs to be done?

1. The files are on the iMac as .mov and .thm files. I understand that these are h.264 files and are inappropriate for FCP.

2. I should convert them to ProResLT (as the intended use is on a DVD and played onto a projector screen at work).

3. I can use a free FCP plug-in from Canon in order to convert the files. (That said, if there is a better commercial product, I'd be very open to suggestions.)

4. The files can then be imported into FCP and the adventure begins...

Could I please ask if my understanding is correct or if I've misunderstood ? I've tried to read all the appropriate threads, but may have overlooked one. If I've misunderstood, if someone could refer me to an existing thread or website, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Doug

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: confirmation of 7D importing
on Aug 13, 2011 at 12:06:05 pm

Hi Doug,
This will be very helpful for you:
http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Doug Buckser
on Aug 13, 2011 at 12:13:26 pm

G'day Rafael,

Yes, you're right. I watched the tutorial after posting the original message. The tutorial is absolutely brilliant. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for the reference and thanks especially to Ross for creating the tutorial.

Regards,
Doug

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Aug 14, 2011 at 1:13:09 pm

I shot yesterday on my 7d & just dumped all the files into compressor, added pro res not LT to the group pointed it to where i wanted them when complete,and hit submit. Went out, two huors later they're baked. Deleted the originals. Easy as pie.

Alf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]