FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting For Internet

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blake Blackstone
Exporting For Internet
on Aug 9, 2011 at 2:10:23 pm

Hey guys..
I hgave a question that has been boggling me for a really long time now and I hope someone here can help me.

I use Final Cut Pro 7.

When I export a video that I know I'm going to put on (for example) Youtube. I use the
Quicktime Conversion
Compression: H.264
Quality High
Key frame rate: 24
Frame recording: Yes
Encoding Multi-pass
...etc...

These are the settings that I am told to use for internet streaming with minimal quality loss, HOWEVER when I do use it and upload to youtube.. I am nowhere near pleased with the outcome. Here is a link to a video I did using these settings.

-Now I often see videos from local production companies who make videos.. put them on youtube.. and they look really crisp and great... exaxmple in link below..

Bottom line is, if anybody can tell me how to export my video to look crsip and smooth like that, I would be really appreciative.

-Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Exporting For Internet
on Aug 9, 2011 at 2:33:25 pm

Have you tried the Compressor Preset (not with a QuickTime intermediate) through Send to Compressor?

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Blake Blackstone
on Aug 9, 2011 at 2:47:47 pm

So you are telling me to send to Compressor?

What "preset" should I use? I have extremely minimal experience with the Compressor.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on Aug 9, 2011 at 2:49:57 pm

Type Youtube in the search box of the presets and use that.

Return to posts index

Blake Blackstone
on Aug 9, 2011 at 3:08:49 pm

What if it isn't specifically youtube, but general internet streaming? Should I use the same "Youtube" preset?

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on Aug 9, 2011 at 3:43:20 pm

It depends - there's no "simple" answer here.

Very little on the Internet truly streams, but rather, progressively streams. The youtube setting is 'good enough' for vimeo, youtube, blip.tv etc.

Could they be better settings? Yes - it's a tradeoff of size of upload against quality (to a degree.) Most of those sites will (possibly) recompress your media and will certainly do so for downconversions.

Hosting it privately, again, mostly likely progressive streaming, is optimized when you make assumptions about your clients connection. Your encodes should be about .5-1mb/s for SD, 2-4 for 720 mb/s , and 3-8 mb/s for 1080.

But Compressor is where it's at - not QuickTime exports.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Blake Blackstone
on Aug 9, 2011 at 4:40:24 pm

Okay, thank you. :) I will update you on the outcome of your suggestion on my behalf. Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Blake Blackstone
on Oct 6, 2011 at 4:25:10 pm

Using Compressor rather than inFCP compressor did not make a difference in quality at all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]