FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio TC in Final Cut Pro Advice

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stuart Hackshaw
Audio TC in Final Cut Pro Advice
on Aug 8, 2011 at 12:41:26 pm

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could help me or lend advice to an issue I have in FCP. A film shot at 24p which I have taken over the editing for, has some audio with a 24 time code and some with a 25 time code. Not sure how this happening as I didn't record or upload them. Is this a problem. It has been synced up like this and works fine (all matched), however when I move files around (or to a new external hard drive) and reconnect the audio files, the ones that were originally at 25 TC come back in as 24 (everythings at 24) and so it goes out of sync.

Is there an issue with having audio in the FCP timeline that has different time codes, as so far there has been no problems playing or exporting - only when trying to swapping hard drives and reconnecting.

I am not experienced when it comes to audio so any information would be great. If audio with different time codes is a serious issue then I will have to re-sync. If FCP and other software can work with audio of both timecode's in the same project then its the swapping hard drives that could be the issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved