FORUMS: list search recent posts

documentray syncing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
annette lathbridge
documentray syncing
on Aug 2, 2011 at 7:10:21 pm

Hi everyone
My name is Annette, can anyone help me how would you sync documentary footage using final cut pro when the audio and video image are recorded separately and there is not a clapperboard for guidance. Would be grateful if anyone could help

Annette

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: documentray syncing
on Aug 2, 2011 at 7:41:31 pm

You need to find a good common HIT...either a clap, door slam. Something like that. Barring that, you need to find when someone says something with a B or a D or a T, when the "bah" or "dah" or "te" sound hits, that's when their mouth opens.

Painful and time consuming? You bet. This is why if you are recording second system audio, you always slate...or clap...something.

Another option...PLURAL EYES. Outside app that works with FCP to sync footage. As long as your video has audio too.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 3, 2011 at 3:10:43 pm

Surely there is at least *some* background audio recorded int he video. If you can get even close at all in matching the tracks, turn on the visibility for audio waveforms in your timeline and you can slide one track over until the patterns match.

If you're going to be doing this kind of thing on a regular basis, try syhcnronizing time codes before the start of the event, or if the audio device doesn't handle time code at all, have the talent or somebody do a hand clap in front of both devices while both are running. it is important to not stop the evices running once you do this. The clap can be done at the start or the end, doesn't matter.

Return to posts index

annette lathbridge
on Aug 7, 2011 at 7:38:46 am

Hi Mark
Thanks alot for replying i appreciate it

Annette

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]