FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there an easy way to remove black frames in FCP?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Mizzell
Is there an easy way to remove black frames in FCP?
on Jul 5, 2011 at 7:30:38 am

I have been importing old VHS video tapes using the ion tape drive and it imports them to an mpg format which works pretty good but... during the playback of many of the tapes they will encounter sections where about 5 or 6 out of 7 or 8 frames will be black. I have tried repeating the import at high quality and it seems to miss the same frames over and over. So, the frame must be lost on the raw tape. Many of the tapes I used were the 3M Broadcast quality tapes which were not supposed to degrade like this but maybe they are really a lot better than they would have been.

Now the question is - is there an easy way to basically tell FCP to go through the tape and replace black frames with the frame ahead of it? These are nothing more than old family videos so i am not taking them to tv production or anything but it is extremely difficult to watch 5 or 6 minutes of really bad flickering to black frames.

For tools I have FCP 7 with BCC 7 and I have Adobe Master Collection. It may be that tools don't exist to fix this problem. I have tried deleting the single black frames but naturally that would take many, many hours per VHS tape.

Thanks

George Mizzell
The SupermagnetMan

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Is there an easy way to remove black frames in FCP?
on Jul 5, 2011 at 9:10:21 am

Hi George,
If the blacks are not in the tape, they shouldn't be on the files.
Making VHS > MPEGs to go to FC makes no much sense.
Capture DV.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]