FORUMS: list search recent posts

re-conforming an old project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Oliver
re-conforming an old project
on Jun 29, 2011 at 4:52:27 pm

So, back in the day I made a film that won some awards. Final cut pro was very different and over the years, due to hard drive failures, lost discs, bad organization all I have left is a video file that has black bars on the top and bottom.

I've learned a lot since then, and with some of the new audio sync tools, am wondering if there is a chance that I could make it easier for me than to try and resync all 10 minutes by hand. I have about 2 1/2 hours of footage total.

I don't mind going back and re-doing it by hand. But if anyone has any tricks that could be helpful, i would love to hear them.

I'll be doing this in FCP 7. (or premiere pro)

Thanks,

-Ben

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: re-conforming an old project
on Jun 29, 2011 at 5:57:32 pm

[Benjamin Oliver] " I have left is a video file that has black bars on the top and bottom."
What do you have "a video file"? or a FC Project?
if you have just a copy of the movie, FC can't do nothing.
FC can't analyze the movie and try to find where is avery frame and every audio sample inside a HD.
FC can't do that. FC just organize pictures and audio in the order you tell him, and needs to know exactly where in the HDs is that media.
Old FC projects should work, as long as you have the media available. In this case, FC can search the media.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Benjamin Oliver
on Jun 29, 2011 at 6:14:32 pm

I have a movie file, but I was wondering if I could use PluralEyes to help resync parts of it.....Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jun 30, 2011 at 10:19:28 am

You wan't FC to start with a ready finished movie, and to rebuild the sequence for you.
Would be great, but things don't work that way.
PluralEyes is to manage separated Audio and Video files as they would be just one QT file.
But PluralEyes by him self can not set any relation between Audio and Video. Is you who say PluralEyes which track must be linked.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Benjamin Oliver
on Jun 30, 2011 at 1:19:09 pm

Actually pluraleyes worked perfect. I just went shot by shot and it found each piece and I cut them back together!

It did about 85% of the job. The rest I did manually!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]