FORUMS: list search recent posts

Qmaster setup

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Austin
Qmaster setup
on Jun 21, 2011 at 3:12:22 am

Hello out there...

Ok can someone help me out please? What is the proper way to set up Qmaster and how do I know it is working correctly? The comp is a 2x2.66 6 core Intel with 20 gigs of ram. So I have heard that you will setup QuickCluster with services, check share and managed. Since there is 20 gigs of ram you would select 19 instances leaving 1 gig for background stuff to continue.

So up in the menu bar I see the Qmaster icon with all 19 instances listed. Now when I start compressing a video file in Compressor after selecting the QuickCluster I just created, I never have seen all 19 lite up green, only a few will show being captured. Why is this?

Any help would be nice...

Jess

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Qmaster setup
on Jun 21, 2011 at 10:42:20 am

[Jesse Austin] "Ok can someone help me out please? What is the proper way to set up Qmaster and how do I know it is working correctly? The comp is a 2x2.66 6 core Intel with 20 gigs of ram. So I have heard that you will setup QuickCluster with services, check share and managed. Since there is 20 gigs of ram you would select 19 instances leaving 1 gig for background stuff to continue.

So up in the menu bar I see the Qmaster icon with all 19 instances listed. Now when I start compressing a video file in Compressor after selecting the QuickCluster I just created, I never have seen all 19 lite up green, only a few will show being captured. Why is this?"

I thinkthat the top number of instances you can set, is the same of the processors/cores you have.

The RAM works different, normally is recommended 2GBs RAM per processor/core.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jesse Austin
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:00:03 am

Hey,

What do you mean 2gigs per core? Since there is 12 cores I should be set up with 24gigs of ram?

Jess

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jun 23, 2011 at 9:31:39 am

Right.
That's the minimum recommended RAM.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved