FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP& - HDV Multiclip edit keeps crashing...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clem Hennessy
FCP& - HDV Multiclip edit keeps crashing...
on Jun 14, 2011 at 7:20:51 am

Howdie...

Got a quick question... Busy editing a project in FCP7 that was shot on HDV cameras. All was well until I started editing the multiclips... It crashes after every 3 or 4 seconds... Had this problem before but way more intermittently... Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated...

Ta!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP& - HDV Multiclip edit keeps crashing...
on Jun 14, 2011 at 7:10:19 pm

Convert the footage to ProRes before you multiclip. HDV is a very processor intensive format. FCP and the computer might be able to handle one stream, but multiple ones? That's asking a lot.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Clem Hennessy
on Jun 15, 2011 at 5:46:14 am

Thanks Shane, will give it a shot... Much appreciated!

Return to posts index

terry goring
on Dec 9, 2011 at 5:56:41 pm

I have a multiclip project going on where I have 8 different angles to choose from. my format is HDV 1080i60 comp. The problem I am having is after marking my in points and selecting my clips and dragging to my sequence, I get a render needed on time line. so I can not multi edit. I can only choose 3 clips in order to multi edit. Any answers to this problem?

thx T.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 9, 2011 at 6:24:01 pm

The more angles you have, the faster drives you need to play them back. But this might be a different issue. HDV captured as HDV? That's a highly complex format as it is...multiclipping makes it moreso...and the more you add, the more complex it is.

but it might just be a drive speed issue. You might need a 5 drive eSATA RAID or more to get realtime with that.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]