FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gradient color box with lower thirds titles

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Lewis
Gradient color box with lower thirds titles
on Jun 5, 2011 at 10:53:51 am

I am trying to create a Lower Thirds title with a background box (blue in color) for the titles.

I have found information on how to create the gradient box... solid blue on the left and turning opaque on the far right.

I'm sure I'm missing a simple point, but I cannot find a way to adjust these levels properly. I'd like the transition from solid (100%) to full opacity (0%) to occur on only the second "half" of the length of the title... that is, the majority of the person's name and 2nd line title be visible, but only near the end of the box does the effect begin. Any suggestions?

Also, I see that FCP "text" (NOT lower third) does not allow me to change the style, font or size of the text typed in (say for a two line centered credit "Directed by" in on size and "John Doe" on the second line being slightly larer and bold. Short of creating 2 separate titles, or going to Photoshop, is there a way in FCP to do this?

Thanks for your replies.

David C. Lewis
Editor- Director
DCL Video Productions

Return to posts index

Cody Walters
Re: Gradient color box with lower thirds titles
on Jun 6, 2011 at 1:28:23 pm

David,

You would probably have better luck doing this in Motion. Creating the gradient that you want is very easy and manipulating certain letters in your text is easily done as well. In Final Cut use the Boris 3D titler to give the line different sizes or text.

Cody Walters
JW Studio LLC
Houston Video Production
Houston Wedding Videographer

Final Cut Studio 3
Adobe CS5 Master Suite
Panasonic HVX-200
Canon 7D

Return to posts index

David Lewis
Re: Gradient color box with lower thirds titles
on Jun 6, 2011 at 9:27:30 pm

Hello Cody:

Thanks for your reply.

I'll look into "Motion" for the gradient bar. I'm not too familiar with it, but I'm sure with some patience I'll be able to create what I need.

As for the titling... yes, I had a colleague of mine show me that today. Don't know why I didn' think of it before.... I was rushed to get a video clip done and didn't clearly think out my options. I ended up going to Photoshop to create the titles and imported them into the program. A couple of more steps than I needed to go, but it worked in the end.

I appreciated your reply.

David C. Lewis
Editor- Director
DCL Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]