FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor shortcuts

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Edds
Compressor shortcuts
on Jun 2, 2011 at 5:24:32 pm

Is there a way to add a destination setting to say 40 clips in compressor all at once AND then followup with the encoding setting?

I can highlight all the clips and add say the encoding setting successfully but then I have to drag/drop the destination setting one by one to each file. My mouse hand is killin me.

And what if I wanted to have all these files encoded into two different formats all in one ground around. Trying to figure this out is making me crosseyed. Any tutorial links out there? Much appreciated. Thanks.

MBP I7 2.66, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, FCS 3, OS 10.6.4, 27in Apple Cinema display, G-Raid 4TB Raid 0, Sonnet Tempo Express Card

ExtremeStorms.com

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
Re: Compressor shortcuts
on Jun 2, 2011 at 6:29:25 pm

I can't test it because I do not have Compressor in front of me, but I'm pretty sure if you highlight all the clips, then go up to destination in the menu bar that should apply the destination to all the clips.

Return to posts index

Kenny Miracle
on Jun 3, 2011 at 12:28:05 am

You can copy the settings of one clip, then select all the others & paste it in.

Kenny Miracle
Editing & Motion Graphics
http://www.kennymiracle.com

Return to posts index

Jim Edds
on Jun 3, 2011 at 12:50:50 pm

I figured it out with your help. You have to copy the spine with the settings and not the whole clip section. This MBP screen is so small you almost need a magnifying glass to read it. Hopefully the new FCP will let you increase the text/graphics size. Thanks for the assistance.

MBP I7 2.66, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, FCS 3, OS 10.6.4, 27in Apple Cinema display, G-Raid 4TB Raid 0, Sonnet Tempo Express Card

ExtremeStorms.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on Jun 4, 2011 at 6:37:40 pm

You can also add a destination....

then open the preferences and make it the default - making it easy to add 40 items without pain (or use a droplet)

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]