FORUMS: list search recent posts

Large render files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Sampson
Large render files
on Jun 1, 2011 at 1:56:37 pm

So here is the thing I have just got slammed with tapeless media and things are going pretty good, but recently my render files seem super large, I understand with xd cam footage everthing is larger but even on hdv stuff that is coming in they are huge, for example i just did a two minute piece that was half ex1 and half canon xha1 and the render files are 775 gb the project had about 4 hours of footage loaded. i dont understand what is up any help would be great.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Large render files
on Jun 1, 2011 at 6:16:17 pm

OK, what are you calling the "render files?" The files in the RENDERS folder on the capture scratch? Or the files that you converted the tapeless media to? Meaning the XDCAM EX footage, converted to ProRes. Are you talking about the ProRes converted files?

4 hours of ProRes 1920x1080 at 29.97fps is 300GB.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nick Sampson
on Jun 1, 2011 at 7:24:50 pm

the render files in the capture scratch, the one project is 219 gb and the render files are 225 gb

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 2, 2011 at 5:22:12 pm

Delete those render files (ONLY if they are in the RENDERS folder...delete NOTHING from the Capture Scratch folder. That is your media), and then re-render. YOu might have old render files that are just hanging on.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nick Sampson
on Jun 2, 2011 at 5:37:42 pm

I will try that again. I was thinking that was it before and tried with a different project but let me try it again. another good example is i have a 2 minute piece i shot on ex1 it has a small amount of graphics and music, the total size of all footage is 30 gb but the render files are 790gb i just don;t understand it , i have never had this issue before so it must be some setting or something i did , the weird things is it is not just xd cam footage even hdv footage is giving me large render files. thanks for you help i will try the re-render again if you think of anything please let me know.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on Jun 4, 2011 at 6:38:26 pm

Final cut has a render manager - use this to examine and clean up your renders.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]