FORUMS: list search recent posts

problems with jumpy sound having burnt quick time movie to DVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
flora Berkeley
problems with jumpy sound having burnt quick time movie to DVD
on Jun 1, 2011 at 10:22:21 am

Hello there. The audio settings I used when I exported the file from FCP using quick time movie were as follows: 48khz, 16 bit, and - shit I can't remember the other thing from the drop down menue in audio settings. I think this (the export settings from FCP) is the problem, although it plays fine as a quick time file on my desk top, the dvd sounds bad, it's as if it has dropped sound frames (forgive me, I have no idea what I'm doing)... I can't find any sound settings in in DVD studio Pro..anyway the setting I used when importing material into FCP was 32khz, and actually 12 bit, for some of it, I think (it all came off a handycam on the wrong sound setting). There is no 12 bit setting in the custom preferences section for export to quick time movie in FCP. Will things get better if I export again in 32khz, or is there another problem? Also for 18 min movie, what should my bit rate and max bit rate be in DVD sp? Film school application deadline today. Many Thanks. Flora

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: problems with jumpy sound having burnt quick time movie to DVD
on Jun 4, 2011 at 6:40:55 pm

Is there a reason you're not using compressor via the "Send To" feature in FCP?

The problem here is that we don't know what you've done as far as export - and the best workflow (not fastest, easiest/best) is via the Send to Compressor feature to build M2V mpeg video and AC3 audio.

Last, make sure you didn't have any audio peaks (FCP, markers menu, mark audio peaks.) This would certainly cause problems with DVD Authoring.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]