FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting Issues - DSLR footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Thomas
Exporting Issues - DSLR footage
on May 23, 2011 at 2:38:51 pm

A friend is trying to export some footage shot on a 550D on Final Cut Pro but whenever he exports the footage has a lot of pixel corruption (don't know what it's called) and the screen goes green for a few seconds every so often. (A bit like this but not all the time -

Anyone know of this issue?

I don't use Final Cut myself so I didn't know what to do to help him and has it's a university project he needs to export it for this Thursday which is the deadline.

Thanks for any replies in advanced

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Exporting Issues - DSLR footage
on May 23, 2011 at 3:34:22 pm

Please give the exact item properties of the clips you're editing and the exact item properties of the sequence in which you're editing.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Matt Thomas
on May 23, 2011 at 4:08:19 pm

The clips are H264 1080p 25fps straight out of camera and I'm not too sure on the properties, has I said it's my friend who is editing it.

Could it be an issue with the project/sequence properties? It plays back fine in the preview window, it's just when exporting the footage. I tried creating a SD DV 16:9 seqeunce and putting the footage in there to export as a DV and that still resulted the same.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on May 23, 2011 at 4:50:39 pm

H.264 is a delivery codec and should not be used in FCP. The media should all be converted to ProRes or ProRes LT before editing.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Cody Walters
on May 23, 2011 at 5:25:06 pm

I would have your editor and yourself watch Shane Ross's tutorial on tapeless workflow...

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

Cody Walters
JW Studio LLC
Houston Video Production
Houston Wedding Videos

Final Cut Studio 3
Adobe CS5 Master Suite
Panasonic HVX-200
Canon 7D

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 23, 2011 at 6:17:53 pm

While you CAN edit H.264 QTs right from the camera in FCP...it isn't easy, and it is fraught with issues. Like this one. Taking a compressed non-editing format in FCP and trying to convert it to something else...yeah, it causes issues. Best to convert before.

what to do NOW? Media Manage the stuff you have to ProRes LT. Make sure you give all the footage REEL NUMBERS first. Use the RECOMPRESS option to get to ProRes LT...then export.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]