FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon HFR100 sequence easy setup questions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lenny Vaknine
Canon HFR100 sequence easy setup questions
on May 20, 2011 at 4:53:37 pm

Hey guys I'm a student at a local film school, I have read the threads but couldn't find my answer anywhere
first I'll start with my specs:

MBP 15" brand new one month old 2ghz i7 4gb ram
Lacie rugged connected with firewire 800 both ends

When I shoot video with my canon hfr100, I try to import it via log and transfer, all works fine. Then when i start a new sequence in fcp, I go to easy setup so I can get the vid. format I want to work with. I don't want to format it for HD because it will be played on SD school tv's. I have been using the DV-NTSC format and everything worked just fine. Now heres the main problem... when I'm editing and playing back the sequence I constantly get "dropped frames" come up... So I tried unchecking the box not to warn me anymore, but the video comes out choppy at best ... no problem on the final output but when i do minor motion projects in the footage or rapid cuts the system just skips over and over and its barely workable.... any advice as to why this may be happening?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Canon HFR100 sequence easy setup questions
on May 20, 2011 at 5:41:41 pm

[Lenny Vaknine] "Now heres the main problem... when I'm editing and playing back the sequence I constantly get "dropped frames" come up... So I tried unchecking the box not to warn me anymore, but the video comes out choppy at best .."
Hi Lenny,
On the Sequence RT, try "Play-back Frame Rate: Full" and "Play-back Quality: Dynamic".
Won't drop frames but will low the picture quality.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Canon HFR100 sequence easy setup questions
on May 20, 2011 at 10:36:23 pm

You'd probably have better luck editing in HD.
Export your finished master and then compress that for SD playback.

OR

Convert all your HD footage after capture in SD files and edit that.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]