FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP to Color to Compressor workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Edds
FCP to Color to Compressor workflow
on May 18, 2011 at 2:27:18 pm

I've got 40 short 10 second clips from an AVCHD camera that need to be color corrected and exported out in Pro Res 422 HQ and Photo-JPEG codecs. I'm thinking the best way to do this is: log/transfer as Pro Res 422 HQ, send to color (correct, render), then send back to FCP, then export with compressor. The question: how do I set up compressor to export the 40 individual clips into the two formats. Is there a quick and easy batch export that will separate the 40 clips on the timeline?

MBP I7 2.66, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, FCS 3, OS 10.6.4, 27in Apple Cinema display, G-Raid 4TB Raid 0, Sonnet Tempo Express Card

ExtremeStorms.com

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: FCP to Color to Compressor workflow
on May 18, 2011 at 2:35:42 pm

No need to go back to FCP.

After the renders are done, grab all 40 of them and throw them into Compressor. They will already be in ProRes HQ so there is no need to use compressor to compress them again into this format.

Throw the Photo-JPEG setting of your choice on the clips and render.

Now you'll have two sets of clips, ProRes HQ and Photo-JPEG

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Jim Edds
Re: FCP to Color to Compressor workflow
on May 18, 2011 at 3:29:36 pm

Thanks Walter, that makes it a whole lot easier. I see the color renders are in the "color scratch" file, each file in a separate folder as "_g1.mov" filenames. I'm wondering if I can direct color to send all 40 clips to one folder with my choice of filename. I've looked for a setting to do that but it must be hidden pretty good. Thanks again.

MBP I7 2.66, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, FCS 3, OS 10.6.4, 27in Apple Cinema display, G-Raid 4TB Raid 0, Sonnet Tempo Express Card

ExtremeStorms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]