FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony HVR-Z7U to FC 6.06 Log and Capture issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Dean
Sony HVR-Z7U to FC 6.06 Log and Capture issues
on May 12, 2011 at 7:33:11 pm

Can anyone provide the steps they use to successfully capture footage from tape in their Sony HVR-Z7U when using Final Cut 6.06? I have a Dual G5 and normally use a tapeless work flow from my JVC. Today I had to go back to some footage shot on a Sony and for the life of me cannot figure out how to do this.

I've tried various sequences that include powering up the computer, then the camera/deck, then opening FC, then inserting the tape, then attempting Log and Capture.

From what I can tell my deck settings on the HVR-Z7U are VCR HDV 1080i out, i.LINK says "OFF."

I've digitized from this tape before successfully with this system but now am lost. Tons of stuff on the internet from others with this problem.

I'm hoping someone with a similar system here at the COW can help me once and for all.

thanks!

SYSTEM DUAL 2 gHZ G5, 4 GB RAM, External RAID, FC 6.06

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
-It's about results-
http://www.deangroup.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Sony HVR-Z7U to FC 6.06 Log and Capture issues
on May 18, 2011 at 3:38:10 pm

Dennis,

Don't want to insult - but I read what you wrote and I wasn't sure:
Have you tried switching your easy setup to HDV?

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Dennis Dean
Re: Sony HVR-Z7U to FC 6.06 Log and Capture issues
on May 18, 2011 at 6:30:56 pm

Jeff - Not an insulting question at all. No - didn't have to. After tearing my hair out for another day I discovered my FireWire 400 link was not working. The possibility of a FW breakdown had not occurred to me as there were differences in behavior of the computer when the camera and computer were connected. Also, the FW 800 port is fine.

I switched to a laptop with working FireWire and everything worked perfectly - first time.

Thanks very much for your suggestion.

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
-It's about results-
http://www.deangroup.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]