FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro Resolution Sync Question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Kaufman
Final Cut Pro Resolution Sync Question
on Apr 28, 2011 at 3:35:41 pm

Hello everybody,

I'm having a small problem syncing my clip resolution with my timeline resolution. My clip is 1920 x 1080 and my timeline is 1920 x 1080, however my clip still won't fit my timeline and continues to leave two large black bars on both sides on the window. I've reimported and tried almost anything I can think of. I could reimport all my clips, but then I would have to reedit the whole thing. If it helps, the only clips effected are those that where recently imported to Color, however, even my safety copy has been effected. Has anyone ever encountered anything like this?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Final Cut Pro Resolution Sync Question
on Apr 28, 2011 at 9:56:05 pm

Sure! Right click on the clip and choose Delete Attributes, then check both "Basic Motion" and "Distort," and now hit okay. If that doesn't work for you then either the earthquake in Japan has shifted the Earth's axis far more than we know, or the original material was some shot on a camera with an aspect ration that was not 16x9.

David Roth Weiss
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved