FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final cut studio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
george redden
Final cut studio
on Apr 22, 2011 at 3:38:50 pm

I think I messed up, trying to get files to save to my external hard drive. I found that even if I put the movie on the external hard drive, Final Cut Pro was still saving a lot of files (I suppose they were support files or something) on the computer. Then when I tried to open separate projects they opened together in Final cut pro and I couldn't get them separated. So I finally made the last mistake by going to system preferences on all of the applications (final cut pro, soundtrack and motion) and switching all of the default (what I thought were "saving" files) files to my external drive. Then when I opened the library of text motions on motion more than have of the motions are gone and I have no templates anymore. What did I do? Did I slice some connection? Super confused about using an external hard drive on final cut studio. I'm getting the hang of using the software, if the software, computer, and external hard drive would behave.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Final cut studio
on Apr 22, 2011 at 8:15:37 pm

If you don't know what you are doing it's best to leave well enough alone.

In FCP you select what drives to capture to and what drives the rendered files are created.

It's under system settings.

As for motion templates and the like, you'll have to tell the app where the files are stored.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

george redden
Re: Final cut studio
on Apr 23, 2011 at 1:50:34 am

I got it figured out, thanks for the help. I thought that in order to set the scratch disk (this is before I did my research) I needed to "choose" my external drive for more than just the scratch disk tab. Guess I should have read titles like "search folders".

Anyway my next question has to do with soundtrack pro. When I open my project in soundtrack, effects that I made on audio in FCP don't show up (changing the speed for instance). Also, I can't seem to get the work that I've done to move back into FCP after I'm finished in soundtrack.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]