FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP cut and paste wonkiness

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rae Maitland
FCP cut and paste wonkiness
on Apr 22, 2011 at 2:09:08 pm

I’m not sure of all of the technical terms but I used to be able to cut and paste clips from one sequence timeline to another and now they are changing format - getting all flattened up. Also this seems to have happened permanently with one of my logged and captured clips. It was never like this before but now it looks misshapen and smaller than the other clips.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
Rae

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: FCP cut and paste wonkiness
on Apr 22, 2011 at 2:55:31 pm

Are the two Sequences set to different aspect ratios?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Rae Maitland
on Apr 22, 2011 at 3:38:45 pm

That’s a good question- I honestly do not know how to check. The only thing I can find to adjust that with is the “check aspect ratio” thing that I ticked off... and when I un tick it the image is even more stretched out... How do I adjust the aspect ratio permanently? Or at least try it out?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 22, 2011 at 4:22:13 pm

In FCP select right click on your sequence, you will get a pop-up menu. Choose "Settings" which will open up a new window. What is the Frame size of both sequences? If they are different then that is your problem and why a 720p clip will come into a 1080 timeline small. It is easy to adjust them if they are wrong. You can fix one and paste the attributes to the other clips. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Rae Maitland
on Apr 23, 2011 at 4:10:31 am

Hi again! When you say right click on the sequence you mean the sequence tab? Or on the timeline? I just re read this again and realized you probably didn’t mean the timeline.. okay I shall try again.

Return to posts index

Rae Maitland
on Apr 23, 2011 at 8:00:59 pm

Okay!! I figured it out! I couldn’t adjust it in settings, or at least couldn’t see how, but when I went into “motion” of the clip and then “distort” I changed the aspect ratio from -33.33 to 0 again... for some reason it keeps changing the aspect ratio when I cut and paste the clips... well at least I know how to fix it now. Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 25, 2011 at 2:02:55 pm

Happy to help. In the future, if both of your sequences are the same then when you paste clips they will be the same.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]