FORUMS: list search recent posts

Passing project from iMac to MBP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Johnson
Passing project from iMac to MBP
on Apr 17, 2011 at 11:53:24 pm

Hi boys and girls. The snow is almost gone in Wisconsin and I'll be heading there for the summer. Space to carry the 27 iMac can't happen so I'm buying a 6 month old MBP that has FCP7 on it same as my iMac. I want to take my external drive with so I can still keep editing. Is there anything that I need to know before I attempt to reconnect to the iMac? I just want to be able to hook the external back up and continue the projects. Should be doable right? Anything I need to know to make this go smooth? About the time I don't ask, I'll be informed I should have waved a dead chicken over my head before connecting but now it's too late.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Passing project from iMac to MBP
on Apr 18, 2011 at 2:38:55 am

Your best bet is always to use the copy function in Media Manager to copy all the media and render files to an external drive. The process Aldo creates a new project file on that hard drive, and you'll find that it's 100% seamless with no relinking necessary. The FCP manual will give to the info you need to make it work.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
Re: Passing project from iMac to MBP
on Apr 18, 2011 at 4:50:48 pm

Thanks David, I was hoping that it wouldn't be a big deal. Perfect answer, now I know what I'm looking for and where to look.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]