FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Deck for Canon 24F

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Grieco
Pro Deck for Canon 24F
on Apr 17, 2011 at 3:28:57 pm

Hello,

I've been shooting a documentary on an XHA1 at the 24F frame setting. I'm having problems capturing my footage with my camera and I'm searching for a pro deck that can play back that 24F footage. I've been told before, years ago when I first bought the camera, that the Canon 24F was a proprietary format and that, at that time, there were no pro decks manufactured that could play back the footage.

I believe I have a recording problem with one of the tapes and need a pro deck to see if any of the footage is salvageable.

Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Pro Deck for Canon 24F
on Apr 17, 2011 at 3:37:41 pm

Hi Mark,
You only need a FireWire cable and read the FC manual.
Best,
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Mark Grieco
on Apr 17, 2011 at 3:38:07 pm

It's not FCP that is the problem. It's the actual deck I am looking for that can play back the footage shot on a Canon Xh-A1 at the 24F frame rate.

Maybe I posted to the wrong thread but there were other similar threads about the Canon 24F in this FC forum.

Does anyone have an answer about a pro deck that can play back that footage. Not a capture problem in FCP.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 17, 2011 at 3:59:32 pm

[Mark Grieco] "It's not FCP that is the problem. It's the actual deck I am looking for that can play back the footage shot on a Canon Xh-A1 at the 24F frame rate. "
You don't need any especial desk.
You do that from the camera with just a FireWire cable.
Connect, logg and capture.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 17, 2011 at 5:24:07 pm

Canon doesn't make decks. And you're right, it is a proprietary Canon format, so the SONY decks won't be able to play it back. Playback from the camera only I'm afraid.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]