FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS4 media encoder, Final Cut audio 44.1, 48khz

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James St Clair
CS4 media encoder, Final Cut audio 44.1, 48khz
on Apr 11, 2011 at 9:50:16 am

Hi support,
I've exported a 6 min music video from FCP in the Quicktime Movie setting, which is NTSC DV with audio track at 48khz. However, when I encode that using CS4 media encoder set to F4V with audio codec AAC - which is 44.1 khz, the sound gets distorted. It sounds "wavy". In my experience it sounds that way because the translation from 48khz to 44.1 is not successful.

When I check out the Export from FCP as Quicktime conversion, I do not see the same preset for DV NTSC. I could just use the H.264 which could use 44.1 audio, but I may want to edit this export later, and I don't know how well that would compress, since it's not editable. Would it compress well to F4V? The fact I'd have to wait 2 hours to find out puts me off from trial & error.

Question: How can I get the best quality export NTSC DV from FCP which will be editable if needed, and have 44.Kz audio? Or, is there a better way of using the media encoder to compress to F4V? Since it's a music video the sound has to be the best(using FCP 6.0.6, CS4 media encoder)

thanks
James

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: CS4 media encoder, Final Cut audio 44.1, 48khz
on Apr 11, 2011 at 10:09:11 am

[James St Clair] "However, when I encode that using CS4 media encoder set to F4V with audio codec AAC - which is 44.1 khz, the sound gets distorted. "
What do you want for a 720x480 NTSC pixels Flash movie?

[James St Clair] "Question: How can I get the best quality export NTSC DV from FCP which will be editable if needed, and have 44.Kz audio?"
Change your sequence audio from 48 to 44.1

[James St Clair] "
When I check out the Export from FCP as Quicktime conversion, I do not see the same preset for DV NTSC. I could just use the H.264"

QT Conversion have no presets.
You can customize everything.
Where you read H264, you can set DV.
Learn how to use QT Pro player.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

James St Clair
on Apr 11, 2011 at 11:33:37 am

[James St Clair] "Question: How can I get the best quality export NTSC DV from FCP which will be editable if needed, and have 44.Kz audio?"
Change your sequence audio from 48 to 44.1

Oddly, I never opened that panel before, the sequence settings, I just set things up in audio/video settings before starting, and then figured that was permanent for the project after that. If I can change the audio in sequence settings afterwards, then that was what was needed.

In answer to your other question why I need a 720x480 flash movie, I don't, however I like to output a complete QT movie which I can then compress to whatever I need for web in media encoder. It just helps to have one complete QT movie with the correct audio settings to do that. The requirements of AAC for a 44.1 audio track were creating problems.

thanks,
James

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 11, 2011 at 7:44:59 pm

[James St Clair] "In answer to your other question why I need a 720x480 flash movie, I don't, however I like to output a complete QT movie which I can then compress to whatever I need for web in media encoder. It just helps to have one complete QT movie with the correct audio settings to do that. The requirements of AAC for a 44.1 audio track were creating problems."
Whatever thing that goes to web works with square pixels. If you want to keep the original aspect ratio of your movie in the web, you need to re-size your "720x480 NTSC pixels" clip.
Here is explained: http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/200/892229

For the web, the best solution is H264. You can keep it 48Khz.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]