FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can i add makrers to a clip in the timeline but have it become a permanent part of the clip?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Can i add makrers to a clip in the timeline but have it become a permanent part of the clip?
on Apr 6, 2011 at 4:17:34 am

I want to watch all my footage in one sitting and add some markers for editing. Rather than manually loading each clip into the viewer, I want to put all the clips into the timeline, watch them all back to back, add markers to the clips in the timeline, and have those markers become permanent parts of the clip. As I understand it, that only happens if I add the marker in the viewer.

Is there someway to add a marker in the timeline and have it become permanent?

thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Cody Walters
Re: Can i add makrers to a clip in the timeline but have it become a permanent part of the clip?
on Apr 6, 2011 at 3:51:31 pm

You're correct, if you want the marker to become permanent it needs to be applied to the master clip. You would normally load that into the viewer and place your marker there. In your case, when you need to mark you could hit F to match frame and reveal the master clip in the viewer and place your marker there. It won't update in the timeline for the clip in your timeline, but the marker will be there for later when you assemble your video in a new sequence.

Cody Walters

Mac Pro 2.26GHz 8 Core
16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Final Cut Studio 3
Adobe CS5 Master Suite
Panasonic HVX-200
Canon 7D

http://www.codywaltersvideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]