FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace clip (not replace edit)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Naveen Mallikarjuna
Replace clip (not replace edit)
on Apr 5, 2011 at 5:35:42 pm

Is there a way to replace a clip with another clip? I'm not talking about the process of going through a replace edit.

I have a spot done in HD, then resized to SD. So in my project, I have both the HD and SD version of the spot. The SD version of the spot is sitting in the sequence. Is there a way to just select the one sitting on the sequence, then select the the HD version sitting in the browser, and hit something that will swap the two? So that the HD version will now be in the sequence.

This can easily be done in, say After Effects. Does FCP have the ability to do the same or do I have to go through the cumbersome process of a replace edit?

Thanks!

Naveen

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Replace clip (not replace edit)
on Apr 5, 2011 at 6:10:34 pm

You can COPY the new clip.

Select old clip to be replaced.

Cntrl Click on the old clip.
Choose paste attributes.
Select contents. I believe it is. Not in front of edit @ the moment.

Going from HD to SD - you might need to further adjust something like distort or scale.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Naveen Mallikarjuna
Re: Replace clip (not replace edit)
on Apr 5, 2011 at 6:21:33 pm

Thanks. This kind of does it, but it's still not as easy as what's in After Effects or Premiere Pro.

FCP is supposed to be superior app for editing -- not sure why something that simple is missing, though this isn't the first time I've had that experience with FCP.

Naveen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]