FORUMS: list search recent posts

false "drive.. could not be ejected" after export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
false "drive.. could not be ejected" after export
on Mar 30, 2011 at 10:31:06 pm

"drive in use and could not be ejected"

After weeks of working and not encountering this problem... now after exporting at Qt to an external drive that I move from one system to another... I can't unmount it until I quit FCP even though the export has absolutely finished. Get this error "drive in use and could not be ejected" until I quit FCP

Shy of quitting, I'm finding that a half measure of closing the project does not do the trick. Any idea what has changed? I must have done this dozens of time without this issue.

(However there might be some connection with my increased use of batch export vs indiv Qt export)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Paul

FCP6 OS 10.4.11

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: false "drive.. could not be ejected" after export
on Mar 31, 2011 at 3:59:55 pm

Mose likely somewhere in the FCP database there's a reference to at least one file on that drive, and FCP thinks it's a working drive. Try using the relink function to outsmart FCP. Oh, and let us know who's smarter please.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
on Mar 31, 2011 at 5:02:12 pm

I started FCP today without that drive attached (I just use it to shuttle big files) and it didn't ask about any media offline.

-P

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Mar 31, 2011 at 10:41:57 pm

Well, that settles that, you're smarter than FCP, and now I stumped too...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]