FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclip switchout

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stan Pietrusik
Multiclip switchout
on Mar 22, 2011 at 3:39:15 am

hi...I have a project that I'm working on and I'd like to switch out the existing multiclip in the sequence with a modified new multiclip but I'd like to keep all the existing cuts...is this possible?

if not, then am I able to take my existing multiclip that is in the sequence and go into it and adjust one of the 4 video clips forward about a second as it has come out of synch with the main audio track? (the other 3 clips in the project are in synch, its just the one that is abit out)

thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Multiclip switchout
on Mar 22, 2011 at 10:19:39 pm

[Stan Pietrusik] "'d like to switch out the existing multiclip in the sequence with a modified new multiclip but I'd like to keep all the existing cuts...is this possible?"
Dicey - but worth a try. If it's the same exact length and same exact sync point, you could rename the new QuickTime to match the old.
Then just relink to the new QuickTime.

[Stan Pietrusik] "if not, then am I able to take my existing multiclip that is in the sequence and go into it and adjust one of the 4 video clips forward about a second as it has come out of synch with the main audio track?"

Yes, but I think you need to adjust this before the cuts, not after. No idea what will happen.
Hold down Control and shift and you can drag left/right and offset your mis-sync'd angle.
If the angle is drifting out of sync over time, this will not fix it.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]