FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project and Sequence Settings_ Is there a Table

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
L Brandon Krall
Project and Sequence Settings_ Is there a Table
on Mar 20, 2011 at 1:20:16 pm

Working with HD 1920-1080 material but want to downsize for edit and output so I have been experimenting with Project and Sequence settings_ Unexpected distortions on Export, of course the Export settings are also key.

Is there a table of compatibilities in this sort of thing for all sizes of video ? RSVP Thanx_+*

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Project and Sequence Settings_ Is there a Table
on Mar 20, 2011 at 2:45:18 pm

Not that I'm aware of - it's just that every year brings new formats...

Why don't you ask your specific question here and we'll step through the choices.

What format are you working with (not the camera make - is it DV? HDV? h.264 from a DSLR)
What do you intend to do with it after it's edited?

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

L Brandon Krall
on Mar 21, 2011 at 2:58:24 pm

I. Starting from full HD 1920x1080 HDV files; Project and Sequence have been setfor HDV 1920-1080, this to render out a projection copy and what should be optimum size and clarity. Can you confirm this.

II. I want to Export smaller copies and I have been experimenting with both Project and Sequence to get a smaller version. I am getting unexpected distortions on Export. Seeking a table or other guide to all three key settings to be able to export smaller than full HD files...

Is there a table of compatibilities for Project, Sequence and Export for all sizes of video?

THX

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on Mar 22, 2011 at 3:02:57 am

Are you sure it's full 1920x1080 HDV? Usually HDV is 1440x1080. Which camera?

[L Brandon Krall] "render out a projection copy and what should be optimum size and clarity"
Sure: what kind of projector? What is its resolution? How is your footage going to be played back?

[L Brandon Krall] "I have been experimenting with both Project and Sequence to get a smaller version"
It's not done like this. You change these over in compressor. Playing with them will cause all sorts of weirdness.

[L Brandon Krall] "Is there a table of compatibilities for Project, Sequence and Export for all sizes of video?
"

Project/sequence? Yes. It's called "Easy Setup". Export? No. you can export your sequence into a bucket of different settings....

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]