FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I reframe a clip?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hal Worcester
How do I reframe a clip?
on Mar 10, 2011 at 10:54:04 am

Sorry, first post. I'm a total newbe to Final Cut but am a long-time audio engineer and have hundreds of hours in Photoshop and tens of thousands on good Macs. I just started working with this software and am finding my way through OK except.....
I am trying to move the framing on some clips and can't quite get it. I am working in the Viewer window and can Scale in the Motion Tab, but that doesn't really do what I want to do. Also when I do that and drag to the Canvas (Overwrite to the Timeline) the framing is completely different then it was in the Viewer window. Why? Isn't this supposed to be the same?
Maybe I'm just used to Photoshop on still images but what I want to do is basically crop the clip. If I use the crop control that doesn't do it either.
Is there a drag and save rectangle-type tool that I haven't found?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: How do I reframe a clip?
on Mar 10, 2011 at 12:50:10 pm

If you make any transform to the clip before laying it on the time-line, that transform affects the whole master clip.
Put the clip in the time-line and double-click it, then make the changes on the Motion Tab.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Hal Worcester
on Mar 10, 2011 at 9:10:46 pm

I'll try that first but once it goes into the Timeline doesn't it only open in the Canvas? There are no Motion tabs in my canvas.

Return to posts index

Hal Worcester
on Mar 11, 2011 at 1:51:33 am

OMG, that worked great! Scale and move the clip around with the center point. Yes, double clicked on the clip in the timeline and it opened in the Viewer also, enabling me to make changes. THANK YOU! Now I can get some work done....... :)

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 11, 2011 at 5:14:59 am

[Hal Worcester] "OMG, that worked great! Scale and move the clip around with the center point. Yes, double clicked on the clip in the timeline and it opened in the Viewer also, enabling me to make changes. THANK YOU! Now I can get some work done....... :)"
Try to avoid integers in the values (x,y) of Center. That will help FC making the maths easier.
Also, if you are working with Interlaced footage, avoid odd 'y" values. Set always even values.
rafael

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 11, 2011 at 1:57:55 am

[Hal Worcester] "I'll try that first but once it goes into the Timeline doesn't it only open in the Canvas? There are no Motion tabs in my canvas."
When you double click on the time-line, gets open on the canvas and on the Viewer.
You can scale on the Canvas too using the Wireframe function.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]