FORUMS: list search recent posts

Print to video problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Wood
Print to video problem
on Mar 9, 2011 at 1:01:28 am

I have footage edited in Final Cut Express (HDV AIC 720p codec 25fps). I'm trying to transfer it onto a mini DV tape in a Canon XHA1 camera over firewire. Hit "print to video" and the 'Transcoding to HDV' begins. (Why does it do this if its already HDV on timeline?)
When this (finally) completes the camera displays a "Check the hdv/dv signal" followed by "Input signal not supported".
FCE stupidly continues to believe that it is "transferring HDV to camera/deck with a progress bar whilst, in fact, nothing happens at the camera end except for the error message. The firewire is working as machines talking to each other but camera claiming it doesn't understand HDV (???!!!)
Have already ensured all footage, effects etc rendered AND audio mixed down.
Can anyone help with this? Cant find anything on Boards about this (which is a first with a video problem !) when I assume printing to video is a fairly common task (?) Desperate as have to send tape to film festival tomorrow to make deadline. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Print to video problem
on Mar 9, 2011 at 3:38:52 am

Hi Andy,
Your FC can't convert your HDV sequence on the fly to DV to be printed.
You need a DV sequence to be transfered through FW and printed.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Andy Wood
on Mar 9, 2011 at 10:18:21 am

Hi Raphael. Thanks for reply but im afraid i don't understand this.
1. Why does it need to be DV? The camera is HDV (and i would have assumed accepted an HDV signal?)
2. Why is FCE not warning me of this and behaving as if everything is OK? Why does it auto-transcode my timeline to HDV when i hit print to video if this is no good to me?
3. What do I do to rectify whatever the problem is? I cant seem to find a simple FCE tutorial to explain how to print to video? (There is NO edit to tape function in FCE as there is in FCP.)
4.Do i have to change sequence in 'easy set-up'to DV Firewire Basic perhaps? Is this what you mean?
Thanks for help (anyone!)

Return to posts index

Andy Wood
on Mar 9, 2011 at 10:25:48 am

PS. Even if i change the sequence setting to DV Firewire Basic, when i hit Print to Video, it auto goes into 'Transcoding to HDV'routine.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 9, 2011 at 12:42:16 pm

Hi Andy,
Sorry I messed up my self when you mentioned you wanted to print to DV tape. I thought you wanted DV.

[Andy Wood] " Even if i change the sequence setting to DV Firewire Basic,"
Obviously you need o set "Device Controll" to one of the HDV-FW options available on FCE (sorry I don't know much about FCE).
If you don't get it with the HDV-FW presets, try "Uncontrollable device".
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]