FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropped Frames Audio:Checked playback quality, closed sequences

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patricia Magyar
Dropped Frames Audio:Checked playback quality, closed sequences
on Feb 28, 2011 at 2:37:45 am

Hi there,

I am having a problem with dropped frames in audio. I am working with audio clips alone...no video on those tracks (going to use these w some other video clips in the project) I have closed all sequences except the one I am working on, lowered playback quality, the audio playback quality is low. I am just can not figure where the problem is. These are mp3 clips that I brought in after they were converted from recordings from a digital recorder. I am using a La Cie external hard drive with 400 firewire with an iMac OS X 10.6.6, less than 50% of the external drive's capacity is being used.

I can't think of any other data that you might need to help me.

If this can't be fixed...can I still continue w project and use these clips. They only amount in total to about 4 minutes but they are critical

Thanks much

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Dropped Frames Audio:Checked playback quality, closed sequences
on Feb 28, 2011 at 3:07:24 am

MP3s are the issue. None of the other things you've tried have any bearing on the problem. You have to covert the files to 48khz .aiff files, which are and always have been native in FCP. You can use QT player export function to convert them.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Patricia Magyar
on Feb 28, 2011 at 3:26:38 am

Thanks muchly

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Feb 28, 2011 at 3:30:54 am

You are muchly welcomely...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]