FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Express and Canon 5D

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
susannah street
Final Cut Express and Canon 5D
on Feb 23, 2011 at 4:15:51 am

Ok I know it's a bad combo (now) but can anyone tell me the best 5D settings to shoot on in order to import and edit in Final Cut Express?

My goal is to present clients with quality HD video on disk...eventually

My present 5D settings are 1920 x 1080 24fps and I am converting using mpeg streamclip then importing using HDV Apple Intermediate Codec 1080i50. Everything is fine until I try to view an edited clip which ends up jaggy and out of synch with audio.

I'm a total noob to Final Cut so I could be doing any number of things wrong even in the edit but I figure it's best to start at the beginning:

Should I be shooting at 30fps instead of 24 for example? Importing with the wrong AIC? Any assistance gratefully received

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Final Cut Express and Canon 5D
on Feb 23, 2011 at 6:35:55 am

[susannah street] "My present 5D settings are 1920 x 1080 24fps and I am converting using mpeg streamclip then importing using HDV Apple Intermediate Codec 1080i50. "

Well your on the right track in converting to AIC as that is what you are limited to with FCE. However I noticed that you are shooting 24fps but you are converting your footage to 50fpc.

You should keep the frame rate the same?

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]