FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error Code 0

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Johnson
Error Code 0
on Feb 18, 2011 at 2:44:53 am

I'm surprised I didn't find more about this when I searched it.

Just trying to save my BDMV files to my 2 spare drives for archiving. They are about 20gig each. I get the "error code 0" which I have been able to discover is a limit on file copy size of approx. 4gig. I'm assuming my mac doesn't want to move these files for me. Right??

Is there a way around this?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Error Code 0
on Feb 18, 2011 at 9:58:18 am

No...Mac formatted drives have no file size limit. The drives might be formatted for PC...Fat32. Use the Disk Utility to format them Mac OS Extended...journaled. Then try.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jessica Simpson
Re: Error Code 0
on Dec 22, 2011 at 6:18:33 am

I totally agree with Shane... and this error has caused because either your drive is formatted using FAT32 file system or the structure of your hard disk is damaged which Mac OS X is unable to recognize due to corrupt file system.

In order to resolve this issue change the file system of your hard drive from FAT32 to HFS. However, after changing the file system, drive can not be used with Windows computer. And if the structure or file system of your hard drive is damaged, then you need to format the drive. But, doing so will erase all the stuffs in your hard drive. So, in order to recover them back either you can use available backup or commercial Stellar Phoenix Mac recovery software. This will surely resolve your issue...

All the best!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]