FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Correcting with an HDTV

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Maynard
Color Correcting with an HDTV
on Feb 17, 2011 at 1:35:42 am

Hi.
I am trying to figure out the best way to more accurately color correct my video and was wondering if someone could comment on the following:

Does it make sense to utilize an HDTV and some type of HDMI interface like the Blackmagic Intensity Pro?

Is there a better way to color correct - inexpensively?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

I utilize a Dual Quad core Mac Pro.

Brian

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Color Correcting with an HDTV
on Feb 17, 2011 at 8:22:26 am

That is the cheapest way...Intensity Pro to a GOOD HDTV. Not a bad one. A GOOD one. Can't get more inexpensive that that.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Brian Maynard
on Feb 17, 2011 at 1:03:55 pm

Shane,
thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I do appreciate it. I have been searching for a way to do this and I'm sure you've probably answered this before (multiple times), but just couldn't find it.

Thanks again.

Brian

Return to posts index

Chris Wiggles
on Mar 4, 2011 at 6:54:19 am

And you do have to CALIBRATE the TV so what you're looking at is actually accurate.

If you can't afford the hardware to do this properly, then hire a professional calibrator. Many TVs now have CMS (Color management systems) built-in, and quite a few of them actually work properly. This should allow you to achieve a staggeringly high degree of color accuracy on the display as long as you feed it an output from the computer properly with an output card and test your workflow so you know you're getting the right signals and seeing what you're supposed to be seeing.

A professional broadcast monitor is just a fancy high-performing TV, usually with different features. There are some pretty crappy "broadcast monitors" out there, and some stunningly exceptional consumer TVs available too. Your reference should be the best possible display you can afford, and whether it has a "professional" sticker on it or not is irrelevant. What matters is the accuracy of the image it produces, nothing more.

Regards,
Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]