FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Capture

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Elrick
FCP Capture
on Feb 13, 2011 at 6:06:57 pm

I am in the process of teaching myself FCP, early in the process actually so I am at just getting to capturing video.

So I sat down for the first time today to try it and for the first 45 minutes or an hour everything went swimmingly. I could go through the video and log it and see everything and logged a whole bunch of stuff to be captured. Then I went to actually do the capture and it all went wrong.

First I tried to do a batch capture and got an error message about time code.

Then I tried to capture one clip at a time and did a little better as it went to the right point in the tape and the video even popped up in the encoding window for a second but then I got another error message, this time about Dropped Frames.

Now I have tried to start over and when I open the log and capture tool the preview screen flashes all of these crazy colors like red and blue. I can see the video sometimes in the background but this did not happen before.

Half an hour ago I was fine and now I'm ready to jump out the window.

Help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: FCP Capture
on Feb 13, 2011 at 7:03:52 pm

Well, you left out key information like,

What format are you trying to capture.
What deck?
What capture settings?

Choose an easy setup that matches your footage ~ go from there.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Andy Elrick
on Feb 13, 2011 at 8:17:36 pm

HDV

The deck is my Canon HV30

The capture is set on DV right now but only because I can't seem to get the system to recognize my camera. I tried to use an 'easy' setting for HDV but each time it tells me it can't find such a device. I made sure the camera is playing out in HDV as well but no luck.

I think the problem is the settings are wrong but I'm not sure how to get them right.

Andy

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Feb 13, 2011 at 10:23:40 pm

If the footage is HD or HDV you can not use DV as an easy setup for capture. You have to match settings.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Andy Elrick
on Feb 13, 2011 at 10:53:36 pm

But no matter what I do FCP does not recognize the deck when I set it to any of the HDV settings.

From what I have read a pretty standard easy setting would be HDV-Apple Intermediate Codec 1080i60 but when I select that one it tells me it is ' unable to locate the following external devices'. The only one where it doesn't say that is the DV-NTSC settings which isn't correct but it does work in terms of being able to see the footage in the viewer and even log it, though I run into problems when I go to capture.

Return to posts index

Andrew Backinsell
on Mar 7, 2011 at 9:01:28 pm

[Andy Elrick] "Now I have tried to start over and when I open the log and capture tool the preview screen flashes all of these crazy colors like red and blue. I can see the video sometimes in the background but this did not happen before."

Try this thread for the above situation: http://discussions.info.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2698261&start=0&tsta...

I had the same and updated the graphics driver, all sorted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]