FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best settings for exporting FCE footage into FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Walker
Best settings for exporting FCE footage into FCP
on Feb 7, 2011 at 11:44:29 am

Hi - am new to this forum, and have what is probably a "dumb" question (!) I have some footage that was roughly edited on FC Express (it's part of a "mobile editing suite" that is used when working with students out on site). Once they students have done a rough edit, I want to import the footage into FCP to do the final edits. and export via Compressor for DVD authoring. My question is - what is the best setting I need to select when exporting the footage out of FCE to be imported into FCP? I need to preserve highest quality possible - both video and audio. Is QuickTime enough? If so, what are the best settings to select.

Apologies for the Noddy question -hopefully this is a really easy one to answer :-))

Carl
Appletree Theatre Company - UK

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Best settings for exporting FCE footage into FCP
on Feb 7, 2011 at 4:00:17 pm

[Carl Walker] "what is the best setting I need to select when exporting the footage out of FCE to be imported into FCP"

Wy not just open then FCE project in FCP? You should not have to export anything out of FCE. Keep in mind that once opened ans saved in FCP you cannot go back to FCE.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Carl Walker
Re: Best settings for exporting FCE footage into FCP
on Feb 7, 2011 at 4:33:13 pm

Duh! Thanks Zane - didn't know/realise that you could just save the FCE project file (with associated capture files) and open in FCP. Just tried it - am filing this one under "the bleedin' obvious"!

Cheers :-)

Carl
Appletree Theatre Company - UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]