FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cinema4d - FCP export advice

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Gold
Cinema4d - FCP export advice
on Feb 4, 2011 at 3:11:23 pm

Hey Guys,

This is my first post here and i'm a little frustrated to the point of banging my head against my monitor.
Firstly, I do 3d 'still' renders for a living but am keen to move into animation although I know this is a big step! I seem to be encountering the same problem over and over, which is exporting from Cinema4d and getting the quality and smoothness I expect/want.

I posted over in a CGTalk Cinema4d forum (where I am a regular) and as usual the helpful guys there did their best to help me out but I thought I'd come to FCP forum to see if I could get extra information.
Hence, without wanting to repeat myself again, it might be simpler to see the thread I posted there and get some of your views if possible. I'm definitely doing something wrong in the pipeline of my work and need to fix this before i can proceed. Here's the link; http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=47&t=954664
I followed the last peice of advice and tried adding motion blur but i'm still not happy! :(
I'd love to hear what you guys think. And apologies for my long post! :)

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Cinema4d - FCP export advice
on Feb 4, 2011 at 7:45:15 pm

Those guys are right.
Animation simply has no RT in FC, and with that off-standard size even less.
If you need to export from Cinema4d with an Alpha Channel, try Proress 444 and set it to "Millions of Colors+".
If you don't need Alpha channel. try ProresHQ.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Tony Gold
on Feb 4, 2011 at 11:38:08 pm

Thanks for the reply but youve got me a little confused. When you say animation has no 'RT' in final cut what exactly do you mean? Also, I don't remember mentioning an Alpha at all? Don't mean to sound ungrateful for you advice, I need as much of it as I can get! ;)

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 5, 2011 at 9:37:37 am

[Tony Gold] "Thanks for the reply but youve got me a little confused. When you say animation has no 'RT' in final cut what exactly do you mean? "
Animation is not a native FC codec, so you can't play it in real time in FC and any transformation needs to be rendered.

[Tony Gold] "Also, I don't remember mentioning an Alpha at all? "
Do your animations/graphics has any transparence, or are solid stills?
Animation has been widely used for his Alpha channel (transparency).
If there is not transparency involved, no reason to use Animation.
rafael

Return to posts index

Tony Gold
on Feb 5, 2011 at 10:14:41 am

No alhpa at all. All images are solid.
As a noob, I always assumed that the animation codec was one of the best because it was lossless?

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on Feb 5, 2011 at 4:57:45 pm

[Tony Gold] "I always assumed that the animation codec was one of the best because it was lossless"
It is lossless as long as you don't adjust it's compression (leave it at 100%)

The Animation codec was engineered for transporting video (with an alpha (or not)) between applications. It was never designed for RT (real time) playback.

The Millions of Colors PLUS (+), means millions of colors PLUS an alpha channel. C4D must be rendering the alpha and you need to tell QuickTime to also have millions of colors PLUS the alpha channel, hence millions+

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer
Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Avid & Color Videos Vasst.com
Compressor Essentials Lynda.com

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 5, 2011 at 5:36:26 pm

[Tony Gold] "No alhpa at all. All images are solid."
Then export Prores.
rafael

Return to posts index

Tony Gold
on Feb 5, 2011 at 8:10:28 pm

Will do! :) Thanks again for the advice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]