FORUMS: list search recent posts

Guide lines or snapping lines in Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan Evans
Guide lines or snapping lines in Final Cut Pro
on Jan 18, 2011 at 3:57:59 pm

Hi there.

I am editing a shoot for a training video which has multiple camera angles in use at the same time. It's most similar to the effect seen in 24 although obviously for a different purpose.

What I want to be able to do is place a guide line on the canvas window so I can align one shot after the next. Something I have got used to from the Adobe suite.

I am aware that you can position one clip in an identical place to the last by entering its center position manually int he motion tab but the clips are also being cropped to tighten the framing so they are not always in the right position.

I am beginning to suspect that Final cut has no such feature, but if anyone here could suggest another approach to get all my framing spot on it would be a great help.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Guide lines or snapping lines in Final Cut Pro
on Jan 18, 2011 at 4:50:55 pm

Digital Heaven has an alignment guide generator. You can't snap to it. You can also copy a clip and paste its attributes to another clip.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 18, 2011 at 5:10:27 pm

You can also make a drop zone template in Motion, it would require rendering but the process would probably be quicker to build.

Return to posts index

Dylan Evans
on Jan 18, 2011 at 5:32:19 pm

Exactly what I was looking for, shame there is no snap but its a small cavet.

Thank you so much, my job just got a lot simpler, looks like I may have to invest in DH_Box as well, thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]