FORUMS: list search recent posts

problems with log and capture

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marryanne Christodoulou
problems with log and capture
on Jan 14, 2011 at 4:52:40 am

Hi I have a mini DV full of video footage I have filmed. It is filmed with no flickering, another words there is no problem with the camera. Every time I go to log and capture the footage flickers all over the place. I have a Mac and am using 10.4.11 software. But my friend who has a new Mac also has had the same problems with the log and capture. I am using FCP 6.06. It was being logged and captured to an external hard drive and someone suggested log and capture to your desktop, which I tried and the same problem has occurred. I am going crazy can anyone help me. Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: problems with log and capture
on Jan 14, 2011 at 7:20:15 pm

Can you be a bit more specific? Flickering how? During the capture process? How about after it's in FCP? Are you viewing this on the Screen or on a monitor connected via your camera?

Best,

Jeff G

Return to posts index

Marryanne Christodoulou
on Jan 15, 2011 at 3:38:13 am

It is flickering both in the log and capture phase in FCP as well as once it is in the time line in FCP. It does not flicker when viewing on the camera LCD screen. I am using the laptop monitor.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on Jan 15, 2011 at 5:54:22 pm

If it's not flickering during playback in FCP when viewed on your camera LCD screen, then it's a normal artifact of interlaced video.

Just to 2x check - when you play the video and final cut and view it on your camera's LCD screen, it's fine on the LCD but not in FCP.

"Monitoring" refers to viewing your video via an output device (firewire/hardware card)
The Canvas monitor is *not* truly meant for you to evaluate your video.

Best,

Jeff G

Return to posts index

Marryanne Christodoulou
on Jan 16, 2011 at 12:21:22 am

Umm, I'm not sure what you mean. do you mean that though it appears that way in FCP, there is really no problem with the footage? I still think it will output this way...and it is very distracting to try and watch the footage with the flickering so constant.

Basically, when I view the tape independently on the video camera playback in the video camera's little LCD screen, it's fine.

When ever I try to log and capture through FCP, the flickering is there, both in the log and capture window of FCP, and also when I play back in FCP.

Perhaps i should try and plug in an external monitor to see if it is happening there too?

If it is still there, not sure what to do.

I suspect it is because of the newer versions of FCP, as i dont remember having this problem on fcp 5, though that was some time ago and i no longer have it.

Return to posts index

Marryanne Christodoulou
on Jan 15, 2011 at 3:39:02 am

Oh, thanks so much for your help.

Return to posts index

Joshua MacFall
on Jan 15, 2011 at 7:20:15 am

Are you capturing directly from your camera or from a tape deck?

I would try to log & capture from another device and see if that makes a difference. I'm not expert on how camera's work, but maybe its ability to capture footage to the MiniDV tape is different from its ability to send that information to your computer.

But I could be way off base here...

Good luck! Let me know if you find the answer.

Josh

God Bless,

Joshua MacFall

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]